Saturday, April 21, 2007

Knitterly Letter Swap

This was such a fantastic idea and looks like loads of people have had fun, but, there have been disappointments.

By now everyone should have sent and received their letters, but unfortunately this has not happened, resulting in people not receiving a letter at all.

Of course there are always circumstances where life gets in the way and this cannot be avoided, but for some, they simply just do not complete, resulting in people who have participated not receiving a letter or a reply at all.

Why is it that people sign up for swaps, then neglect to meet their responsibilities?

Perhaps the recipient was not what they were expecting, not in their age group, or at their particular point in life or similar lifestyle, or was it simply just too hard. No matter what the reason, people have been let down and it is not fair.

A few lines jotted onto a piece of paper, a stamp and a trip to the mail box. Is it really that difficult to achieve? If so, why bother signing up in the first place?

Be brave, start scribbling, gee, maybe you’ll actually enjoy yourself, for sure you’ll put a smile on a dial somewhere in the world!


Added April 23rd : I may have given the impression from the above post that I had not received a letter, but I have received a Knitterly Letter. I just thought it a shame that some people had not received one. Do hope by now that everyone has received their letter.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

That's exactly why I didn't sign up. Lately I've been doing better with getting to the post office, but I'm definitely afflicted by "can't mail it" syndrome. My high school notebooks are full of letters to friends I made in Germany that never got mailed. The stuff I mail these days is different.

Saturday, April 21, 2007 12:59:00 PM  
Blogger Grandma Flea said...

Did you receive a letter from your secret partner, Janette?
Cheers
Flea

Saturday, April 21, 2007 6:03:00 PM  
Anonymous 2paw said...

It is very disappointing, isn't it?? I expect people have the best of intentions...but it is hard on the people who make a big effort to get things right. I am having a participation lull at the moment myself!!

Saturday, April 21, 2007 8:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Debbie said...

I've often wondered the same thing. I did the secret pal swap twice and was lucky to get really good pals sending me items. However, the two people I was sending stuff to were not involved. It was very disheartening to have to repeatedly ask someone if they got your packages.

I don't know why people sign up for swaps and then don't complete what they are supposed to do. Unless of course there is a good reason but those folks would like their swap pals know what had happened.

Sunday, April 22, 2007 1:03:00 AM  
Anonymous romelda said...

anytime you have an urge to letter write, you can write to me . . I also have great beaches in Virginia Beach, Virginia and anyone who loves The Yarn Harlot has to be a lover of writing! I wish I had seen the signups for this..
Receiving a hand-written letter is almost a forgotten pleasure. Plus I have always had a love affair with AUstrlalia. The closest I ever got was the Philippine Islands
Write on, ROmelda

Saturday, April 28, 2007 3:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home