Monday, April 01, 2013

Another Tikki knit ...



These knits are oh so sweet and The Princess simply loves them.

The latest, Elizabeth. Easy to knit as are all Georgie Hallam patterns.

Used Rowan Lenpur Linen - just six balls. Gorgeous colour - Vivid.

The Princess requested the sleeves longer than three-quarters and they look fine. The Lenpur Linen drapes beautifully. I'm very happy with the result. The Lenpur was a little splitty while knitting, but once I changed to an Addi Bamboo, the knitting was easier.

Made an owl brooch from some felt, which finished off the little knit just fine. As you can see from the smile on the face, she loved both!

Next, a couple of sweaters for The Princes. Navy, with some sort of pattern ... still looking for inspiration on this one. I asked the boys what they would like ... never a good move with two seven year olds. Some of the immediate requests were, Star Wars R2D2, penguins, fish, and all had to be big pictures on the front. I'm okay with that, but Mummy's not too keen, so I'll keep looking while knitting up the backs and sleeves.

2 Comments:

Blogger Roxie said...

Oh, how wonderful. And what good ideas you've given me. The sweater looks stunning, and so does the princess!

Tuesday, April 02, 2013 3:18:00 AM  
Anonymous 2paw said...

Now I think you must have a word with The Queen about those jumper ideas for the Princes: they sound excellent to me!! My word, The Princess is an excellent and stylish model and I love her new cardigan, it does drape beautifully, and It makes me think I do need those nice bell sleeves on a cardigan after all. They are very lucky little Royals!!

Tuesday, April 02, 2013 10:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home