Sunday, April 21, 2013

I'm not the driver ...





Sunday, April 21st, was the most magnificant day weatherwise. Saturday was teaming down, cold, windy, just a yukky autumn day - one could even say wintery - brrrrr, but today Sunday, was like a summer's day. A perfect day to head on up the mountains with a classic car club for lunch.

I'm happily sat beside my driver as he double shuffles the clutch between gears, fiddles with the instrument panel, manouvers the twisty, windy roads and all the time, I'm enjoying the scenery on this gorgeous day. oohhh and we passed an alpaca farm we did not know about!!!!!!!!!!! ooohhh the excitment ... for me, but, I cannot seem to find it online, so will have to do a little research.

There were approximately 20-25 cars full of eager, enthusiastic, car buffs, looking forward to the day. We began with morning tea of scones, tea/coffee, and afterward, everyone enjoyed looking at the array of cars joining the group for the drive. There was lots of chatter and examination of every car, the history, paintwork, how long did it take to restore, how many owners, etc., filling in a good hour before actually heading off.

We were given written directions, which were hilarous, but meant to be serious. The directions started out well with detailed instructions, but somewhere along the way the provider obviously fell off the rails, as we were all doing u-turns to return to the main road to reach our destination in time. Nothing major, but oh so funny, as we all knew where we were going and at one stage were heading in the wrong direction! We thought it was just us, but on speaking with others discovered everyone was in the same predicament.

I did take my knitting, but didn't get to knit a stitch ... I'll catch up tonight, as I'm working to a deadline. Have to finish a sweater for The Princess by the end of the month. The project is from the Debbie Bliss Rialto DK Print Collection, Christina. I purchased the exact yarn and it's knitting up to look exactly like the picture, quite pretty for a little girl. I've bought the same colour jeans too, as The Princess just loved the whole outfit. I'm the granny, it's my job to spoil my grandkids!

Oh and while we were enjoying morning tea, I spied a lady wearing a Signatur Handknit, it was the Coco Cardigan knitted entirely in red. It was quite beautiful. I did pop over and say how lovely the knit looked and received a big beaming smile from the wearer.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Roxie said...

Oh what a treat! You deserve to be chaffered about in your vintage jag, my lady! And that's a nice chauffeur you have, too!

Lucky, lucky princess! She's such a dear girl. She deserves a little spoiling!

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 6:36:00 AM  
Blogger 2paw said...

That's such a funny story. I am imagining all the Classic cars in an old silent movie with everyone gesticulating madly and doing u-turns!! What a lovely day out, and a bonus alpaca farm. I patted a baby alpaca on Monday!!

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 10:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home